Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Headers On FireHawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Headers On FireHawk

I have an 02 firehawk and was thinking about adding some headers to it. I dont have any experience with them, but ive heard they're suppose to add extra HP and increase exhaust sound. Ive also heard the downside is they lower what little ground clearance the firehawk has to begin with.

If you can help give me some insight as to whats a reputable brand and what I can expect to get out of it I'd greatly appreciate it. Please keep in mind, I dont race the car at the tracks, nor do I show it. Just your average joe looking to get a little more out of the motor. Only mod ive done to it so far is replced stock exhaust with loudmouth.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1_BadHawk
I have an 02 firehawk and was thinking about adding some headers to it. I dont have any experience with them, but ive heard they're suppose to add extra HP and increase exhaust sound. Ive also heard the downside is they lower what little ground clearance the firehawk has to begin with.

If you can help give me some insight as to whats a reputable brand and what I can expect to get out of it I'd greatly appreciate it. Please keep in mind, I dont race the car at the tracks, nor do I show it. Just your average joe looking to get a little more out of the motor. Only mod ive done to it so far is replced stock exhaust with loudmouth.
Exhaust Reviews

Exhaust Sound Clips

Exhaust Mod Guide

These threads are the best source for information that you need to select the type of exhaust for your car. They are also stickies at the top of the External Forum.

If you need to know more information about which type of header after reading these threads, do a search.

ex. Search for "pacesetter" and you will find over 10 pages of threads that talk about pacesetter headers. Within the threads you will find information pertaining to performance, clearance, fitament, quality and much much more.

****IMPORTANT**** Stay away from SLP if you are worried about ground clearance.

Last edited by Keenov; 11-01-2004 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keenov
****IMPORTANT**** Stay away from SLP if you are worried about ground clearance.

if you can afford it, get stainless steel headers. Kooks/QTP are arguably the best headers on the market, but also expensive. they will last forever tho. coated headers can always have the coating erode and then the mild steel will rust.