Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much power to be gained?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much power to be gained?

my car is a 02 Heads cam car 11:1 compression 5.3 heads FMS 230 232 595 585 113 cam LT's Mufflex ORP SLP dual dual catback with cutout stock LS6 intake Shaner S3 tbody MTI lid smooth bellows and that basically sums up my power mods besides the NX MAF kit
my question what kind of power is there to be gained on a stock cube car by swapping out the ls6 intake for a fast 90mm version fast 90 mm tbody new bellows LS6 85 mm maf TSP 85 mm lid, pulling off the Mufflex orp and catback and going to Custom 3" duals with borla XR1's or stingers dumped at the axle, i made 440hp as i drive it on the street with the exception of the open cutout what kind of power gains should i see btw this is on HEAVY 18" Z06s and through a 12 bolt and 390s thanks guys
Kurt
Old 11-02-2004, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
my question what kind of power is there to be gained on a stock cube car by swapping out the ls6 intake for a fast 90mm version fast 90 mm tbody new bellows LS6 85 mm maf TSP 85 mm lid, pulling off the Mufflex orp and catback and going to Custom 3" duals with borla XR1's or stingers dumped at the axle, i made 440hp as i drive it on the street with the exception of the open cutout what kind of power gains should i see btw this is on HEAVY 18" Z06s and through a 12 bolt and 390s thanks guys
Kurt
I could hardly understand it, so I translated it to English for others

My question is:

How much of a gain, on a stock cubed car, will I get from swapping out a LS6 intake for the Fast 90mm setup? I will also be installing new bellows, LS6 85mm MAF, a TSP 85mm Lid. To add to that I will be switching from a Mufflex Catback to 3" duals with borla XR1 mufflers.

TTT
Old 11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pretty similar setup, and I had asked Allan Futral a while back what gains a 90mm FAST would do and he said they're pretty significant on a H/C car. I think they've seen as much as 26 rwhp over there, but he did stress that a retune is almost a must with that intake. That could explain why you see a lot of people here not gaining much or actually losing HP from those intakes.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSUxBlake
I have a pretty similar setup, and I had asked Allan Futral a while back what gains a 90mm FAST would do and he said they're pretty significant on a H/C car. I think they've seen as much as 26 rwhp over there, but he did stress that a retune is almost a must with that intake. That could explain why you see a lot of people here not gaining much or actually losing HP from those intakes.
Is that the gain over the LS6 intake?