Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Q's???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Q's???

Raising the idea of swapping my T56 for a 4L60E. I drive my TA every day back and forth to work and i guess i'm just tired of shifting gears. If the car was stock, i would love it, but a cammed LS1 with a SPEC stage 3 ceramic clutch can get frustrating at times.

Also, without buying a rear i'm not gonna get a whole lot faster. With an auto i could get a TC and a few other things and be in the 11's easy.

I dunno, i guess i'm just thinking about it still. I'd have to find somebody who would want to swap out with me, then i'd need some dough for a TC.

What do you guys think about daily driving, auto or manual with my mods??
Old 11-13-2004, 04:02 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

daily driving an auto would be much nicer than the m6, mine does get annoying sometimes too. it would be nice to just nail it and go sometimes, not have to stop and think "hmm which gear do i need? how hard do i plan on gassing it? then rev. match it. then go, then shift back to cruising gear". if you plan on doing alot alot of drag racing, i'd say go for it!!

but how do you like that cam?? i've been looking at cams about that size, maby not as much split though.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love it. Sounds very aggressive. The car doesn't stop pulling until you get out of the gas, right on up to 7k. I've got a vid and idle of it if you want to hear it, i could post it sunday or something, i'm out of town in atlanta right now.

I assume by "clogmaster" you mean flowmaster I wouldn't trade my dynomax in for the world, but i like it loud too!!
Old 11-13-2004, 04:26 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah unfortunatly i have do a crapmaster

i bought it from a girl, she put it on there, along with the eagle alloy 077's lol

its going to get some long tubes and a true dual system pretty soon (definatly before the cam)!!