Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice on installing SLP long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on installing SLP long tube headers

I have 01 SS camaro and I'm trying to install slp headers in my garage at home and so far I'm not having any luck there are some clearance problems when trying to feed the headers up from the bottom of car they are hitting the cross member and keeping them from going on up where they need to be does anyone know what I should do or who I can contact for some help? I greatly appreciate any help at all.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kobejoe
I have 01 SS camaro and I'm trying to install slp headers in my garage at home and so far I'm not having any luck there are some clearance problems when trying to feed the headers up from the bottom of car they are hitting the cross member and keeping them from going on up where they need to be does anyone know what I should do or who I can contact for some help? I greatly appreciate any help at all.
click on link: http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=57

Hope this helps, take your time, take breaks, don't loose temper. That's what works for me. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by code4
click on link: http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=57

Hope this helps, take your time, take breaks, don't loose temper. That's what works for me. Good luck.
Thank you very much that is exactly what I needed, Thanks again, Joe
Old 11-14-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the best advice concerning SLP headers -- sell them and buy something else, then install those!! Not trying to be an ***, just letting you know from experienece. I had the SLPs -- horrible ground clearance, horrible install issues, sold em, bought a set of Kooks and never looked back!