Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have pics of offset magnaflows for X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have pics of offset magnaflows for X-Pipe

I want to swap out my Bullets for Magnaflow's to quite the car down some. The only problem is that the bullets are so close together i will need to get a muffler with offset inlets so they will fit. does anyone have anypics of the magnflow mufflers that are offset? Or any ideas on another muffler that is about as wide on one side as a bullet. I just need enough room to clear the torque arm. thanks for you help.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are some pics on my cardomain site (page 2) of the 4x9s and the inside. Don't know if that helps.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i have saw your set up before many times. I did a search for the mufflers and your pics were the only offset ones i could find. can you tell how far the magnaflow muffler comes over past the inlet. i have that magnaflow X-pipe that you have pictured and it tucks up pretty good. How much do the edelbrock mufflers run and how far do they come over on the ofset side. Are they really that quite i heard your clips on LS1sounds and i dont think you got on it at all. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My old setup:

Old 11-16-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have seen your set up a bunch of time to. I am trying to see if anyone has any close up pics of the mufflers so i can see how far the muffler comes over from the offset inlet pipe. thanks for everyones help so far.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can measure the Magnaflows for you tonight. They are on my truck and are very easy to access. I believe its only about an 1".

The edlebrocks are quieter and tuck up nice. It sounds smooth. They ran me 100 bucks each. I took the RPMs up a bit on the fly bys but nothing crazy. In a couple I just let the deccellerration do the talking. I can probably get a meausurement on those too if interested.