Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod Questions

I just oredered a SLP lid and can't wait to get it put on.

My questions are as follows.

1. What would be a good upgrade to compliment this? SSRA?

2. I live in an apartment complex and dont have much room / tools to work on my car (Parents live ~2 hours away so when I have time I can go there to work on it). What are some easy mods I can do at my apt?

3. Is the PP3 or Diablo tuner worth the price? My car only has 17k miles so I dont plan on H / C for a long time. Do these complement bolt on mods nicely? I realize when H / C come it will need a custom tune.

Thank You in advance.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Oh ya I forgot this one.

The car came from SLP with the Dual/Dual exhaust system. Is this regarded as a quality exhaust? I like the sound of it but it's a little on the quiet side. What kind of hp numbers can I expect to switching to a cat back such as hooker or tsp rumbler?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do some Reserch in the stickys here and in the new enthusiasts stickys Great info to be had there. Also get a good plan on what you want to do with your car, Then maby save up and do a few things at once, At your parents so you dont run it to a nightmere in your parking lot. Some Lt's and a ls6 intake would be a good start. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

1:SSRA is a great power upgrade with or without lid, will show better gains with lid cause the sum is less than the whole, meaning say lid adds 5 rwhp, and ssra adds 13, those 2 seperately would be like 18 total, but if you put em both on together you might find 20(may not be real numbers), and you can definately feel the difference with SSRA
2:SSRA is kinda a pain to install but its not that its "hard", might want to do the throttlebody bypass, if you have a dremel do EGR! mod, also if its a m6 go for a shifter/skip shift eliminator
3: I for one do not think the self tuners are worth it unless you have a LS1edit tuner, i think its worth it to find a dyno shop when you do major work(such as engine work, gears, and maybe headers(if you want)), but i dont think those machines do as good of a job as anything manually would from a shop