Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about gauges

What gauges does everyone recommend? The car is going to stay N/A (This is the WS6, A4 car in my sig I'm talking about). I plan on doing most of the bolt-on's and a cam in the future. The car is my daily driver and will probably be that way for awhile...so while it will be raced some, it's not going to see heavy racing. I know a tranny temp gauge is good...that's a definite. I've heard some people say a fuel pressure gauge is another good one...but on a car that's not going to see a lot of track time and is going to stay N/A, is it really that critical? Are there any other gauges anyone would recommend?

Also, Autometer Z series or Stewart Warner? I'm also looking to go electric with all the gauges.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
What gauges does everyone recommend? The car is going to stay N/A (This is the WS6, A4 car in my sig I'm talking about). I plan on doing most of the bolt-on's and a cam in the future. The car is my daily driver and will probably be that way for awhile...so while it will be raced some, it's not going to see heavy racing. I know a tranny temp gauge is good...that's a definite. I've heard some people say a fuel pressure gauge is another good one...but on a car that's not going to see a lot of track time and is going to stay N/A, is it really that critical? Are there any other gauges anyone would recommend?

Also, Autometer Z series or Stewart Warner? I'm also looking to go electric with all the gauges.

Thanks!
Tranny Temp
Oil Temp or Water Temp - the stock guage is a dummy guage.

Those are the only really necessary ones.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that.