PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Wideband Confusion.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Complete Wideband Confusion.....

I will be upgrading my HPtuners interface to the enhanced interface but what else will I need to run the wideband with Hptuners? I want a permanantely mounted system that hooks up to the Hptuners so I can log A/F with my laptop. I have heard of people having LCD displays for their wideband hooked up through the HPtuners interface but wont it only display when a laptop is hooked up or do you just leave the interface hooked up all the time for power?

Help please!!

Any information about using Hptuners to control a wideband would be helpful..
Old 11-28-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99whitews6
I will be upgrading my HPtuners interface to the enhanced interface but what else will I need to run the wideband with Hptuners? I want a permanantely mounted system that hooks up to the Hptuners so I can log A/F with my laptop. I have heard of people having LCD displays for their wideband hooked up through the HPtuners interface but wont it only display when a laptop is hooked up or do you just leave the interface hooked up all the time for power?

Help please!!

Any information about using Hptuners to control a wideband would be helpful..
Whitews6,
I don't have wideband yet, but in mind, and have been doing a lot of reading on the subject. Most wideband kits I've looked at are independent systems that will work without HP or your pc hooked up. They have outputs that will link to HP tuners via the EIO box for the logging to it. I'm looking at the PLX M-250 for what its worth. Check out their website they do a good job of putting the information on "how" it works available.

Cheers