Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobras

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cobras

I give much respect to the 2003 Cobras. They are the most bang for the buck. I just want to know how Nasty they really are. What kind of horsepower potential do they have and what does it take? What kind of 1/4 miles can they run stock and with mods? If they're that damn good I just might have to get one.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have broadband go to www.stangsource.com and download some of the videos and you'll see what types of things they are capable of... there are TONS of 03+ cobra video races.. it's like $3 to become a premier member (which means unlimited downloads) but if you don't join you can download like 5 videos for free... i've had a vortech supercharged 88 GT, 01 Cobra, and now an 03 and hands down the 03 is my favorite.. the potential is ridiculous with those cars... a pulley change, cai, catback, aftermarket TB like an Accufab, a custom tune just to name a few will put one from mid to upper 400 hp range for around $1,000-$1,500'ish... then you get more crazy with headers, nos, or an aftermarket blower like a kenne bell and you are getting over 600hp... the motor in that car is excellent and can handle crazy amounts of hp.