Shakedown Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shakedown Results

Well, we went out to Irwindale Dragway last night, Rob (of Strictly Performance) was gracious (and supportive) enough to go out with us. Thankfully so, we need it his assistance. After passing tech with a few "issues", which will be resolved very shortly, we get Jenibella strapped in and ready for action. Since we (crew chief and driver) didn't know what to expect from the car, I asked her to take it easy on the first run. After she get's to know the car better, then she can go all out. It has been a while since she was behind the wheel of a fast car, so ... On the first run, the transbrake wouldn't hold her at the line and she pushed through. Luckily they let her back up and she went of the foot brake. She launches hard and the car sways to the left, towards the wall, she let off and then got on it again after getting it straight. The shifter (or trans) was having some issues, so she kept hitting the limiter all the way down the 1/8 mile track. Here is what the slip looked like, we know on a good pass it will be in the high 6s.

RT = .558
60' = 1.680
330' = 4.924
1/8 = 7.577
MPH = 88.96

She comes into the pits and both Rob and I look at where the limiter is set, adjust the Autometer's shiftlite, then double check the transbrake. Everything seems to work good now. She takes it back to the staging lanes for her second run. This time she is on the transbrake at 4000. Car launches hard, but still a little sideways and she lets off, then floors it after it is straight ... BUT, the trans shifts into third! I had to replay the video many times to verify this, she didn't even realize this. Here is how that pass looked:

RT = .962
60' = 1.572
330' = 4.726
1/8 = 7.275
MPH = 96.68

After her pass, I waited for her by the return road. It took her a long time, but then she called me ... the car blew up! Turns out the trans couldn't take it and it blew. Had to go to the return road to pick it up. I am going to have our Trans guy look at it, hopefully today if I can pull it. The car definately has the potential for high 6s, just got to be able to keep it together and have it hook better. She thinks she can get 1.4s easily, I believe it ... and we still need to verify the weight.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
7 Second Club

good job George! Sounds like a much quicker ride than she's used to! Get that 60 foot down a little and you'll see some 7.0's in the 1/8 Good luck!

Derek
Old 12-06-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Derek! We'll get this trans fixed, dail in the Wolfe sway bar and then she should be cutting great 60's and ETs.