Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

po171 & po174

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default po171 & po174

Car started running like sh&t last thursday...anything more than 1/4 throttle and it would just about start bucking. thought it was bad gas at frist when i didnt get a diagnostic code. finally threw code saturday, had it read at autozone..4 codes po 171 bank 1 running to lean and po174 bank 2 the other two he said were the same. from my understanding 171 is a MAF problem and 174 is an o2 sensor. i am pretty new to this whole thing, is it possible the 02 sensor is causing the other codes to go off (MAF) and is bank 2 the passanger side and how do i know if it is in the header or y pipe. searched the forums and found others with the same codes but everyone had mods, my only mods are a k&n filter which i have had in for about 6-7k.
any help you guys can give would be appreciated...gonna try to fix myself if possible
thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditch the k&n filter adn go with a stock paper element. also clean the maf with some "q-d" electronics cleaner (found @ home depot in the electrical section- blue bottle and is about 7$).

don't ask why- just do it. k&n oil is horrible for gm maf sensors. i had ltft's around +9 with a oiled up maf. after the paper filter and the sensor cleaner (and some MINOR tuning) they are ALL negative...