Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem..

any input here would be nice,, anyways, heres the deal..

i was installing my nitrous purge, and i took the 12v ignition lead off of my harlan shift light to see if i had everything under the hood wired correctly. so, it purged, and then all the lights on the dash went out. Now, at the time, the computer was disconnected, but the car was not running.. anyways, i checked all the fuses 3 times, checked the fusable links, everything still getting power. i printed out the schematic today from mitchell, and i ran all the lines to the BCM, which is getting the 12v ignition it should. i ran outta of time, but the entire circuit runs from the body control module. I can here the chime of the door when it is connected. the radio, wipers, lights all work, just that the car wont start, and there are no lights on the dash working. a coupe of flickers from the SES light is about it. anyideas? i ordered a new BCM today, but i would like to avoid the $150 if i can..thanks, tom
Old 12-08-2004, 10:39 PM
wrencher

Illumination lights for the cluster or the idiot lights?
Old 12-09-2004, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

both, no lights on the dash, except for a flicker of the ses, which to me means a burned out BCM, because it controls all there functions, and if the SES light flickers, that means there is power to the circuit. anyways, im gonna check into it more today