Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed PCV valve? Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Removed PCV valve? Good or bad?

I made a catch can to deal with the oil consumption issues. I ripped the rubber boot the holds the PCV and just by-passed it for now. I curious as to what are the downsides to this. Thought it some and think I know, but I want to check myself.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think as long as the crankcase still sees some vacuum, you will be ok.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm was trying to think what would happen when you are at idle and are missing the check valve(PCV). Is the crank preasure low enough that it is breathing in instead of pushing out? I think I'm just going to do the LS6 Coversion and get an inline to replace the factory piece.

Also I've been wondering about this for a while. If you have a blower or a turbo and are making boost, what does this do to the PCV valve and the other Vacum related parts?

Last edited by Richiec77; 12-13-2004 at 11:01 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the NHRA Finals Here in Cali and saw a LS1 GTO on display, I looked at the PCV system on the car it had an LS6 valley cover but did not see a PCV Valve. I't looked like a straight hose, Or maybe the valve is in side the hose. All you LS1 GTO people, Do you Have A PCV valve on your Cars?