Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98' T/A vs. SC430 Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98' T/A vs. SC430 Lexus

heres my novel

I was on my way home in my stock Gold T/A 6speed last friday and i have 2 ways to go home depending on if the traffic is backed up on the 15 freeway. if it is i jump on the 210 east and go home.

So i was on the 15 and i see this car driving kinda fast and the exhuast sounded sweet and at first i thought it was a supercharged infiniti G35 or 350Z but it was a V8 SC430 lexus and it was getting on the 210, so i followed him into the turn off the 15 going into the 210 and once he sees me driving behind him he floors it so i give it some gas and follow and then he slams on his brakes because the other cars where going slow (the speed limit ) and i was thinking WTF did he do that for if they where going slow, so he waves his hand at me i guess to say bring it. so i follow him and once the 2 lanes go into the 210 and open up we could go. I am following him and theres no where to go because of traffic and now i am able to get next to him and line up and slow down aliitle bit, but he doesnt go. so i thought he was wussing out and i was about to gun it and just leave his *** but i had already missed my exit so i waited and thank god i did because a few seconds later i see a camaro cop car. which he obvisouly saw. so the camaro cop car exits and then the next exit is the end of the freeway so i exited and was going to turn back around and go home but he follows me and we have to go into the loop to get back onto the freeway and we have the freeway all to ourselves because its the beggining of the freeway so im thinking he will line up and we can go but once we come out the loop he guns it and jumps by me and im in 2nd gear so i stomp on it and go chasing and by the top of 3rd i was about 1/2 car on him and by the top of 4th i was almost 2 car lengths on him. when i went to shift into 5th the clutch stuck to the floor. its been going out for months and im getting it changed out tommorow. I slowed back down to make my exit and give him the thumbs up. he just kinda smirked at me.

i was surprised at first by the way it kept up until i found out what it was and what it had in it.

sorry about the novel but i never post about kills
Old 12-16-2004, 04:11 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill!

Just one question .... why do you have 2 98 ta's? Ones a dd and the other a weekend car?

Old 12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Nice kill!

Just one question .... why do you have 2 98 ta's? Ones a dd and the other a weekend car?

i bought the white one first and i fell in love with Trans Ams and LS1's right away.
The gold T/A was one of the first 98+ T/A's that i saw in pics and loved it and had a chance to get one and did. I drove from So. Cal to No. cal and back in one day to pick it up. It was about 6-7hr drive one way.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Launching!

sweet kill, always nice to own a car that probly cost more than double than your own.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WicketMike
i bought the white one first and i fell in love with Trans Ams and LS1's right away.
The gold T/A was one of the first 98+ T/A's that i saw in pics and loved it and had a chance to get one and did. I drove from So. Cal to No. cal and back in one day to pick it up. It was about 6-7hr drive one way.
THE 210 FREEWAY IS A FRIGGIN RACETRACK. EVERYONE HAULS *** ON THERE BETWEEN THE 15 AND THE 57, INCLUDING ME
Old 12-17-2004, 12:06 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lt1Camaroz28
sweet kill, always nice to own a car that probly cost more than double than your own.
I know what you meant, but that wasn't the best choice of words on your part.