New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next mod?? pulleys or cai or supsension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next mod?? pulleys or cai or supsension?

mods are in sig... ignore the f1 kit im trying to cut some time n/a and get everything i need for cam.. my slp lid is a lil cut up to fit the n2o and i was therefore thinkin id get the k&n cai for it...

so that or underdrive pulleys.. if so which ones to get... what percentage and do i need the whole system or just the belts.. the a/c is off the car and the a/c pulley is gone!

or should i go ahead and fabricate or buy a tq arm or rearsway bar.. sfc's ect?
Old 12-18-2004, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

..........k&n air filter+super sucker ram air(or fast toys ram air), and then tq arm, lca's, and tires, and rear sway bar, i'd say dont do sfc's if youre planning on a 12 bolt, until you get the 12 bolt, cuz if you get it before it'll be a hastle.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remove your front swaybar if your worried about track times, it will save weight off the front of the car and bring your 60ft times down. plus it only takes like 10 minutes to remove and re-install.

keep the SLP lid, you wont see a gain with the k&n. go with an ASP or March pulley, i dont know much about them, you can search and find out. if your going to be pulling the stock pulley and doing a cam swap, you might as well put an underdrive pulley on. maby get some gears like you have listed in your sig, an adjustable torque arm, and some drag radials.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Stay with the lid IMO, even if you dump the SLP lid (I would just patch/tape up the holes/cracks if it were me) and get a TSP lid or something I would NOT get the K&N set up, no gains there.
I would get the ASP or March pulley and pull the front sway bar and play with tire pressures (lower in back/pump up the fronts at the track) and you will notice the difference.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:33 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pulley.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
..........k&n air filter+super sucker ram air(or fast toys ram air), and then tq arm, lca's, and tires, and rear sway bar, i'd say dont do sfc's if youre planning on a 12 bolt, until you get the 12 bolt, cuz if you get it before it'll be a hastle.
why would it be a hastle, and i dont know what your mods are, cuz you dont have a sig