LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Comments on my new engine from TTP

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Comments on my new engine from TTP

After many set back’s not relating to TTP I got my car back with the new forged engine and the AFR heads and there own equalizer cam. My first engine kept eating lifters after a heads and cam combo (long story and just want to put it behind me). My first impression was how nice the car idled. I started with a baby cam 3 years ago (218 low lift) then went to a thunder 224 on a 114, then had a JPR custom cam 236/236 mid lift, and then another cam similar to the JPR one on a lunati grind. The TTP cam idles like the Thunder 224 with a little more lope (I mean A REAL LITTLE). They must have this cams tuning down to a science. No cold start or hot start problems at all and no jumping idle issues that plagued my JPR and lunati grind when coming to a stop. After everything a have been through I am slowly starting to regain confidence in driving my car. After I get more miles on it I have to bring it back to them for a final dyno tune and checkup to make sure everything is operating OK. Matt did an awesome job of getting me the best deal on everything since he actually felt bad for all the crap I have had to deal with from other shops. They also fixed other problems they found along the way which shows me how much PRIDE they take in there work. The car is a blast to drive and the warranty on the engine gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I wanted to drive the car for awhile before I commented on anything. Too many times have I gone to a shop and the same day said OH everything is great they did a great job just to have issues a few days later.

Thanks TTP I will see you guys later and hopefully scrouge up enough money to get an LSX system.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

TTP is great to deal with! They've got my car right now working out a similar problem. Glad to hear they got you straightened out.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Banned

Jim.. Car is pretty bad *** and yes it does idle awesome. Hope to see you soon we'll get the final dyno tune down and you'll be good to go.

Anyone else looking for motor packages let us know we have numerous sales going on now for the winter.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:41 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm i might have to give ttp a call
Old 12-30-2004, 11:08 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TTP Rocks
There Equalizer setups make killer power and run the # along with good street manners.

Quick Reply: Comments on my new engine from TTP