Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when i get hp tuners what should i delete or remove with my biult 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 06:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when i get hp tuners what should i delete or remove with my biult 4l60e

its got a master rebuild kit with race clutches transgo shift kit, stronger planetarys and sun gear all that kinda stuff... i have a 3000 converter.. rest of mods in sig.. now when i get hp tuners what do i want to delete and what exactly is touque manangment? also any idea where to set the shifts points or shift firmess of the trans.. i had someone tell me increasing firmess thru the computer or whatever was a bad idea if u had a shift kit.. im running fuel synthetic mobile one fluid tho and dont think it would overhead ect.. also why do some ppl play with unlocking and lockin the converter.... i understand what it means when the converter locks up but why would u want to change this?
Old 12-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered HP Tuners too, still waiting for it. I have a transgo kit in my '02 SS and a few other tricks to the trans.
One thing that was done was the 2-3 shift duration was shortened, torque management was modified, line pressure is taken care of in the trans so no tuning there.
The problem I have with the transgo kit, my mods and the tuning is that the stock tcc apply wasn't changed.
In stock form the trans shifts into third, tcc applies, when the fourth gear shift is called for the tcc unlocks, shifts and locks back up. With the increased shift and tcc apply feel this ends up feeling like a cutloose shift.
There is a lot of reading to be done at hptuners.com forum. You need to save your stock tune on a disc, put it somewhere safe and play around with your tuning.
If you screw up you can always reload your stock tune and start over.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay.. what is tcc
Old 12-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
okay.. what is tcc
Torque Converter Clutch.