Old 12-27-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Toyota MR2

Artist Impression

Based on Spy Shots from last October.

Source:4Car

Spy Shot: Toyota MR2 Roadster
Our spies have captured this intriguing Toyota undergoing high-speed testing. Its mid-section plainly suggests that this is a mid-engined test mule, possibly an eventual replacement for the current MR2, which will be discontinued in the crucial U.S. market next year. But while the doors are plainly borrowed from the current MR2, just look at how much wider apart the wheels are than on the current car. The wheels themselves also appear to be much larger than any that could be accommodated by the current car. All this points to a larger mid-engined sportscar and that would give Toyota the opportunity to address one of the most pressing concerns over the current MR2, which is the near absence of reasonable storage space anywhere in the car. This would also be an opportunity to do something about the fiddly roof mechanism.

On a more futuristic note, some sources claim that the replacement MR2 could become part of Toyota's commitment to offer a full range of petrol/electric hybrid cars. With a relatively lightweight structure, the performance and economy benefits could make a petrol/electric hybrid uniquely appealing

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...r2_page_6.html
Old 12-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the actual pictures but we all know they'll drop the rims you see and the car will be slow as sin.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish it wasn't a convertible. I had a 1986 and 1992 mr2 and absolutely loved them both. The 86 was as close as you can get to a lotus. Great autocross/gocart cars.

Did you know that the mr2 was rebadged for France cause mr2 sounded too much like merdeaux (shitty)
Old 12-27-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else see a small Boxter?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I like the actual pictures but we all know they'll drop the rims you see and the car will be slow as sin.
they prob do something different to the engine then what they did on the promo

Quick Reply: New Toyota MR2