Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1Edit MAF Table & VRam

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1Edit MAF Table & VRam

Has anyone tried to update their LS1Edit MAF table to accurately match the gm/sec flow of a Vararam across the full MAF frequency range?

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TooManyIDs
Has anyone tried to update their LS1Edit MAF table to accurately match the gm/sec flow of a Vararam across the full MAF frequency range?

Thanks.
I doubt that the Vararam TB-obstruction will make any difference. It would have little, if any, affect on how air flows through the MAF. You need to update it for lids, MAF porting, aftermarket MAF, etc.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Another_User
I doubt that the Vararam TB-obstruction will make any difference. It would have little, if any, affect on how air flows through the MAF. You need to update it for lids, MAF porting, aftermarket MAF, etc.
I'm debating if the extra flow (at higher speeds) and cooler air would warrant any change? I could argue that left alone, it will generate higher MAF frequencies and therefore generate higher gm/sec values based on its presence.

I wish I had taken more measurements with the stock setup.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TooManyIDs
I'm debating if the extra flow (at higher speeds) and cooler air would warrant any change? I could argue that left alone, it will generate higher MAF frequencies and therefore generate higher gm/sec values based on its presence.

I wish I had taken more measurements with the stock setup.
The extra air flowing through the TB will be measured at the MAF. It shouldn't be any cooler. It's not really how much air that flows through the MAF changing. When you change anything before the MAF, it changes the way the air flows through the MAF. With the stock lid, there is an oval shaped port before the MAF. This changes how air flows in, especially at low rpms. More of the air is directed right at the sensors, so more air is metered. When you change the lid you get a round port before the MAF. This allows more air to flow above and below the sensors, particularly at low RPMs, so more of the air is metered. But the intake is actually flowing the same amount of air. It's more or less an issue with the MAF having blind spots. Changing the intake move more air into the blind spots, so more air sneaks by unmetered.