New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does it mean whena a SES light goes away???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What does it mean whena a SES light goes away???

A week ago my SES light went off in my car. I deleted the p0430 code twice and it came back every time. I gave up on deleting the code on Thursday and had ithe SES light on the car all day long. Friday morning I went to turn on the car and the SES light was gone. I have driven the car for more than 100 miles and hard at that. The code has been gone for almost three days now.
I dont think the code will come back. What does it mean when a SES light goes away on its own?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
A week ago my SES light went off in my car. I deleted the p0430 code twice and it came back every time. I gave up on deleting the code on Thursday and had ithe SES light on the car all day long. Friday morning I went to turn on the car and the SES light was gone. I have driven the car for more than 100 miles and hard at that. The code has been gone for almost three days now.
I dont think the code will come back. What does it mean when a SES light goes away on its own?
The code will still be stored as a history code.It will eventually come on again as a current code when the pcm detects the fault.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Launching!

I had the same thing happen. It goes away for a while and then comes back on.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure exactly what that code was, but when the light goes out, that means the computer is not detecting the fault anymore. After a certian amount of time not seeing the fault it turns the light off.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Not sure exactly what that code was, but when the light goes out, that means the computer is not detecting the fault anymore. After a certian amount of time not seeing the fault it turns the light off.
This is correct. If the computer detects no faults in 2-3 drive cylcles it turns of the MIL(malfuntioning indicator lamp). It might return, it might not, in my line of work I see a boat load of Ford products with certain EGR codes that will go on and off a couple of times before they set for good.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

when my first "bad cat" code came on, i called the dealer he said to bring it by, on the way out there i put in premium gas (whatever the octane is for that, it was at a mobil station) and about 2 blocks from the dealership, the light went out. ive head higher octane burns cleaner, i wonder if you did that, and the cat was just borderline bad, and with the cleaner gas, the computer turned the light off
Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss rally red
This is correct. If the computer detects no faults in 2-3 drive cylcles it turns of the MIL(malfuntioning indicator lamp). It might return, it might not, in my line of work I see a boat load of Ford products with certain EGR codes that will go on and off a couple of times before they set for good.
These I would have to agree with