Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank Stealth 3000

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yank Stealth 3000

I have been looking through stall converters and have been wondering which one to get. The Yank 3000 has caught my eye, and wanted to know what people think of that converter. What was your setup, and how did it effect the performance? Driveability? any problems? With mods in sig how will it do for me, being my car will be driven daily and only see the track a few times. Would a trans cooler be necessary also?
Thanks!
Jon
Old 01-03-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

you really won't notice it is in there and will probably be pissed you didn't go bigger, but people post on here all the time about how a 3k stall gets them .5 in the 1/4 so...

a cooler is absolutly necessary- and for 50$ or whatever it costs it really isn't that big of a deal to get/install.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a 1994 LT1 it is ok. The SS3200 or the TT3300 would be my choice.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

I have it, been driving on it for about 3 years now.

Great compromise between street and strip, knocked off about .5 second.

I sometimes think I want a bigger stall, but driving uphill in traffic reminds me why I went conservative. Overall I'm really happy with mine.

Enough stall to tame the cam and give a decent improvement at the track - and the ability to actually hear it when you rev at someone - but not enough stall to ruin the drivability of the car. (Mine's a daily driver).

Bad30th
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Yeah, the only thing we have to remember is this car has a stock cam, I highly doubt i will be changing it out any time soon. I am looking for more punch from the car, and if this thing truely can drop times by .5 then, I may just have to go with it. Any more input? Thanks!
Jon

Also what is the deal with what i have been hearing the LT1 likes lower stalls, and the pcm has problems with higher stalls and what not.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
Also what is the deal with what i have been hearing the LT1 likes lower stalls, and the pcm has problems with higher stalls and what not.
The issue is that sometimes the early LT1s PCMs get tripped up by a high stall. I've seen problems range from shifting and lock-up issues to converters seeming to break more quickly than one would expect. It just doesn't happen consistently.