Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Seal leakage (F-Body)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Seal leakage (F-Body)

Just been having a bit of an issue with my 1998 SS I recently procured, everything in it seems to be clean as a whistle including the engine, however the one major issue I've been having is with the driver's side window... It doesn't seem to seal properly, they even replaced the whole damn assembly twice, I don't know if it was properly adjusted or what... At about 110+ mph the seal seems to break, you can hear a considerable amount of air flowing in, At about 140+ the window literally pops out roughly 1-2 inches. I don't know if I'm just crazy but it's as if you can even feel the effect of the sudden break in aerodynamacy.. What should I do? I read that almost everything is adjustable if you remove the door panel, but I was just curious as to whether anyone else had this problem...

One off Topic question, where can I get a good Mechanical water pump? I don't really want to make that jump to the Meziere, nor do I think my setup necessitates it. Thanks for your time
-Scott
Old 01-08-2005, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Acinonyx
Just been having a bit of an issue with my 1998 SS I recently procured, everything in it seems to be clean as a whistle including the engine, however the one major issue I've been having is with the driver's side window... It doesn't seem to seal properly, they even replaced the whole damn assembly twice, I don't know if it was properly adjusted or what... At about 110+ mph the seal seems to break, you can hear a considerable amount of air flowing in, At about 140+ the window literally pops out roughly 1-2 inches. I don't know if I'm just crazy but it's as if you can even feel the effect of the sudden break in aerodynamacy.. What should I do? I read that almost everything is adjustable if you remove the door panel, but I was just curious as to whether anyone else had this problem...

One off Topic question, where can I get a good Mechanical water pump? I don't really want to make that jump to the Meziere, nor do I think my setup necessitates it. Thanks for your time
-Scott
What setup? Why do you want a different water pump? How often do you plan to go 140+?? FWIW: The one time I did it my window was perfectly fine. You could try removing the door panel and tightening the tensioners, or whatever the car called, that apply pressure to the window to keep it in place.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Teching In

I simply wanted to replace the water pump with a stock or more efficient mechanical version.. as that's one of my little idiosyncrasies when it comes to rebuilding engines... Esp because it would have been due for it's 65k mi service, just as I acquired it and generally the water pump is replaced anyway.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I took my car up to 152mph I heard air noise with windows up. By the way the car felt really stable, the only thing I was afraid of was how fast I was approaching the cars in front of me - blocks away.