Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear end movement on my 68

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear end movement on my 68

Iv been doing more racing lately. Everytime iv got someone behind me during a race or just driving for that matter im told that the rear end rolls alot (not sure about that) and that it moves side to side alot (i could definetely see that). My rear setup is as follows

Caltrac traction bars
front aluminum spring eye bushing
lower leaf spring pad delete
poly upper leaf spring pad
poly rear spring eye bushing
kyb shocks (very old)
stock multi leafs

The rear end is a moser 12bolt w/ 33 spline and 4.11s

Could any body suggest anything for more traction and less roll/side to side movement. Right now im just roasting tires in 1st and in 2nd depending on the rpm/speed.

Thanks

Kyle
Old 01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for starters you should replace those old leaf springs with some new ones that will definetly help your roll problem,you also should probably try to tighten up those cal-tracs a little if your doing nothing but spinning you dont have them set right,i've run cal tracs cars with big cube bbc low10 track cars and get them to decently hook on the street.also I dont know how you're getting side to side movement in a leaf spring car?the only thing I can think of is its something in your spring platforms or your rear shackels are loose,or bent..hope that helps somewhat.