PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you tune IAC park position using HP T. to correct tb screw adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you tune IAC park position using HP T. to correct tb screw adjustment?

When I installed my 231 cam, I drilled the tb blade and raised the idle with the idles screw to prevent stalling. I basically turned the screw until I got a higher idle and that was that. I know- very primitive.

I now have HP tuners and would like to fix the stalling issue using the software. I have already rivited my tb blade whole and drilled a new whole to stock specs.

What must I do? turn the screw until the tps is 0-2% at idle? I saw a post where it said to raise all IAC park position values above 40c to 21. I did this, but started thinking when I read that the ideal IAC count at idle is between 30 and 50? withe the ac on it should be like 90.

If that is the case, then shouldn't the IAC park position values be raised to say, 40(in the "ideal" range)?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

Drilling the TB is the wrong way to start. I would suggest you go get another TB and put it on to correct the first part.

Next what you do is scan the car while you raise the set screw. You will see the IAC count come down along with the TPS volatge go up. You will have to go back and forward a few times to get it right ok.

So now you shut the car off, unplug the TPS, turn the key forward for about 30 seconds, then shut of key, plug TPS back in, and you are back at teh right Voltage where you should be. Now start the car and check the IAC counts again. Keep doing this until you reach about 40-60 IAC counts, or whatever seems to make your car idle best. Hope this helps. Your car will always idle good after this method.

Rick
Old 01-10-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

another easy way to fix the hole is just use a rivet. I have also used the above method on cars with drilled TB's and not had any other issues