Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

finally got to run my friends evo

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got to run my friends evo

a while back i posted about having a friend who recently got an 03 evo and wanting to race him. well it took a while but i finally got some new tires (nitto 555s) and he got better at driving and we decided to go out and roll down and do some rice huntin with a couple friends, (03 lighting with a chip and pulley puttin down 450 rwhp and 500 rwtq, 03 cobra puttin down about 430 at the wheels, and then a basically stock 350 z, another evo rally edition, a 94 gt, h/c, full bolt ons). after dicking around for a while we decided to meet up at cook-out since its 1:15 in the morning and cook-out is by far the best thing open. Me and my friend graham (the evo i wanted to race) decided to take the highway so we can get a good run in. so we hop on 540 and start the 3 mile trek to the exit we were getting off on. I got stuck with a pretty bad weight disadvantage being that my car is heavier to begin with plus i am 6'2, 190 lbs, and my passenger is 6'2, 240, graham is all off 140 lbs and his passenger is about 160, But in any case i pull up beside him at about 60 and blow the horn 3 times following racing etiquette and immediately floor it, well, dumbass that he is, he was in 5th gear at the time paying no attention to me (still dont know why) so i slow back down and make sure he is ready and honk at him some more except this time i wait to hear him accelerate before i gas it. He got about a half second jump on me (60 roll) and we continued to go, by 75 i was even with him, 95 he was at my rear tire, 115, he was starin at my ***

he finally conceded to my car having better top end, but all this means is i get him from a dig next time.
sorry for the length, but i rarely have a story worth sharing so i hope you enjoy.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Nice kill, the EVO has any mods done to it?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Run him from a dig, might be a different outcome. Good kill.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Teching In

no mods yet, and yes if he would launch it, it would be a much more difficult race. However, he's not a 'great' driver with it yet and he wont launch b/c he is afraid to burn up his clutch, so until he changes his mind, i want to beat him as much as possible. haha
Old 01-10-2005, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

dont matter if u run 0-115 u will still run him back down.. get a few mods anyways then its over. lid, full exhuast, a lil n2o never hurt a ls1.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

if he can drive you will eventually run him down from a dig. Read my post when i ran my buddies 05 evo. The cars have a lackluster top end for a turbo car. Just heat up those DR's real good if you go from a dig.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2kpewterws6
a while back i posted about having a friend who recently got an 03 evo and wanting to race him. well it took a while but i finally got some new tires (nitto 555s) and he got better at driving and we decided to go out and roll down and do some rice huntin with a couple friends, (03 lighting with a chip and pulley puttin down 450 rwhp and 500 rwtq, 03 cobra puttin down about 430 at the wheels, and then a basically stock 350 z, another evo rally edition, a 94 gt, h/c, full bolt ons). after dicking around for a while we decided to meet up at cook-out since its 1:15 in the morning and cook-out is by far the best thing open. Me and my friend graham (the evo i wanted to race) decided to take the highway so we can get a good run in. so we hop on 540 and start the 3 mile trek to the exit we were getting off on. I got stuck with a pretty bad weight disadvantage being that my car is heavier to begin with plus i am 6'2, 190 lbs, and my passenger is 6'2, 240, graham is all off 140 lbs and his passenger is about 160, But in any case i pull up beside him at about 60 and blow the horn 3 times following racing etiquette and immediately floor it, well, dumbass that he is, he was in 5th gear at the time paying no attention to me (still dont know why) so i slow back down and make sure he is ready and honk at him some more except this time i wait to hear him accelerate before i gas it. He got about a half second jump on me (60 roll) and we continued to go, by 75 i was even with him, 95 he was at my rear tire, 115, he was starin at my ***

he finally conceded to my car having better top end, but all this means is i get him from a dig next time.
sorry for the length, but i rarely have a story worth sharing so i hope you enjoy.
Sweet, there's nothing like having cool friends with sweet rides. It makes racing fun. Congratulations on your win. Even from a dig, your car has more on the mid/top end. You will go right past him either way.