Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 wouldn't run after a WOT run

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 wouldn't run after a WOT run

A few nights ago I did a WOT run from a stop and I hit a wet spot on the street causing my RPMs to shoot up and I bounced off the rev limiter about 2-4 times. I then shifted into second where the car then proceeded to bog heavily (no power). I pulled over and then the car wouldn't idle and I had a service engine soon light on. It idled barely, but at around 200-400rpms and then just die. I let it sit for 5 minutes and tried again, but the same thing happened. I called my friend who is a mechanic and he stopped by about 15-20minutes later. He went to start it up and it started fine no problems and no service engine soon light. What happened? He thought the timing chain might have stretched or skipped a tooth, but then it started right up. The car seems to run fine now, anyone know what happened?

edit: The car is completely stock, 117,000 miles 1998 WS6
Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your knock retard kicked your timing back out the wha-zoo. same thing happens when you hit second on a 3/4 shift car runs like absolute **** for a little bit, then goes back to fine. i wouldnt sweat it, especially if its running fine now
Old 01-11-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice