Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who Has Painted The Exterior Oftheir Car?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who Has Painted The Exterior Oftheir Car?!?

Well I got my Ground Effects today for my Formula, to match with my t/a wing. But im thinking to do the work myself, but I REALLY WANT THE COLOR TO MATCH. I have a paint gun , and have painted stuff before on it and have came out awesome. But im just not sure on how hard it might be. The origional paint is white, and i need it to be nbm. Is there any way i can order a small cannister of GM's NBM, and do the work myself??.... Or should i just fork over around 100$ to get the damm things painted....
HERE IS THE CAR NOW

Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Car looks pimp without the door handles......i'd say fork over the money to a bady shop man.....even though it's possible to do it yourself....the car looks too badass to mess up your new ground effects!! Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Only $100 to have em painted.... yea I'd have the pro do it (assuming he's good).
Old 01-24-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a paint gun and know what your doing, why not do it yourself? The worst thing thats gonna happen is your gonna waste $30 for the paint you had mixed up.

But to answer your question alot of autoparts stores can get you the paint you need, or direct you somewhere that can. And some good places have a crazy camera that they take a pic of your paint with, and match it exactly.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. :no:
Old 01-25-2005, 06:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Get the BodyShop because what if they have to blend the paint. Inless you know how to blend.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to just about any place that sells automotive paint, they can give you the exact paint from the paint code on the car, or shoot it w/ the color gun and know exactly what color it is unless its a transparent color (candy.. ect..), but most likeley there's a color book and just look up 1998, GM, NBM..... I would charge at least $200 to do a gfx kit includeing watersanding and buffing... it might be alot easier to just have somebody else paint it for $100 if that includes the prep, paint, finishing, and if they do a quality job.... if you d.i.y. and have a paint gun and compressor just make sure your mixing ratio's are right, let it flash to specs, make sure you have good fill on the color, and once the clear is on its easy to get any surface imperfections out... also have a good compressor filter and WEAR SAFTEY EQUPMENT!!! you should know that much and everything else if you've painted before...