Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[b]shift kit or programmer[/b]

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift kit or programmer

I just got an 01 WS6 with an A4 and was wondering if it would be better to go with the trans go shift kit or just make line pressure changes through a programmer? I bracket race alot so I am really looking for the product that make my shifts the most consitent yet firm and quick.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Holeshotz; 01-25-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I went with the shift kit with some of my own mods, TM delete, shift point changes. Works great. Ask 20 people and you're going to get 20 different answers so get prepared.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Launching!

yep answernumber 19. If you go with a shift kit get a cooler because it will add much unwanted heat. Other wise if you are going to leave the car mostly stock go with the programmer. If mods are in the future like a converter get the shift kit and a cooler because if you get the programmer first than a converter you will need a shiftkit and a dyno tune and it will make the programmer obsolite. So will you get a converter down the line or leave it pretty much stock.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Restricted User

If you are looking for "max" life, then use one of my "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit. This will give you the best chance at getting a "long life" out of your unit. The Shift kit (when installed correctly) will produce less heat, the shifts being quicker. Always add the external cooler, no matter what.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

I am going to get a converter eventually so the shift kit seems like the logical choice. Thanks guys