Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Applying New Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Applying New Emblems

Hey guys i got a problem, i just got my stainless steel ss emblems for the side fenders, whats the best way to go about removing my old ones and installing the new ones? I was thinking a heat gun and some fishing line to remove the emblems, but what should i use to remove all the adhesive off from the car so i can reinstall them. Also if i screw up where can i get the adhesive that goes on the back of the emblems so i can re do it if necessary? Thanks Alot
JacobK
Old 01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JacobK
Hey guys i got a problem, i just got my stainless steel ss emblems for the side fenders, whats the best way to go about removing my old ones and installing the new ones? I was thinking a heat gun and some fishing line to remove the emblems, but what should i use to remove all the adhesive off from the car so i can reinstall them. Also if i screw up where can i get the adhesive that goes on the back of the emblems so i can re do it if necessary? Thanks Alot
JacobK
i just did mine not too long ago. the heat gun with the fishing line is the way to go. to get the extra crud, a buddy gave me some little pads that looked like alcohol pads, but wouldnt harm the paint. that got most of it off, but i went by my preferred body shop and borrowed one of their "eraser" wheels that you use with a drill, and that got that stuff right off. you should do that. sorry, i dont know the technical term for that wheel, but it worked like a charm.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bug and tar remover also works pretty good. I took some blue painters tape and made a template around my WS6 badge so I could put it back on in the right spot.