Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bentley GT in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bentley GT in Cali

What up from California! My Detroit born WS6 is tearing up the streets of Huntington Beach, CA as you read this post!!

I bought my red, 2002, WS6 brand new at a Sterling Heights, Michigan dealer in August of 2002. I never would have imaged that 2 and a half years later it would feel warm California pavement in January. If you are interested in finding out why my car and I are cruisin on the Pacific Coast Highway everyday instead of freezing *** cold I 75, then reply to this post and let me know, but for now I'll brag about my 552hp, Bentley Continental GT kill last week. Yea the car is heavier then my WS6, but it also has a hell of a lot more power.(not to mention that it'll run you a cool $150K, which put a little smile on my face when my car unleashed all the Detroit muscle it could find.) Now, I'll never be to sure if he went all out in his GT(I'm prety sure he did), but what I do know is that I sure as hell did. This car has a 0-60 time of 4.7 and mine a 5.0, but when the light turned green I never felt so much damn torque from my ride, and I have ripped it from the line many times in Detroit. We were halfway through first and then my baby just kept pullin and pullin on his rich ***. By the time I hit 2nd I was a little more then half a car length ahead and then had to hit the breaks because of a car in front of me. Man was I pissed. I'm not sure if you can even call this a kill, because I had to hit the brakes almost as soon as I hit 2nd gear, but what I do know is that 0 - about 50mph, my WS6 edged out a rich *** Californian in a brand new Bentley GT with more money then he knows what to do with. I've never been more proud to be from the Motor City.

P.S. I feel like **** being around all of these Laker lovers, when I myself am a diehard Pistons fan. Wait, no I don't. I absolutely love representing my Michigan plates knowing that "My Pistons kicked your Laker's ***, bitch".
Old 01-29-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill, I once saw a show on the Speed Channel were they ran a Bentley GT in the 1/4. It was a new driver and they tried it both with tracton control on and off and it ran a low 14. I would rather have a Bentley over a F body

Then sell it and buy a LS7 vette, a supercharger and a house.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill! I have nothing else to compare it to, but I do recal the mags getting high 12's low 13's for the car...same as the F-body.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:33 AM
Teching In

I dont know, i think that once you would have hit second he would probably start to pull on you. Those cars have sooooooooooo much torque. My girlfriend's uncle has one and a 360 modena, and he says that the Bently is much faster than the ferrai(I havent rode in the ferrai). I've rode in the Bently and it is fast, also i have a 99 SS with some mods and i know that it would woop on me. I dont mean to rain on ur parade, but i think that if the race continued he would have got a detriot kill. O welcome to california, and GO LAKERS!
Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned

Good Kill! go "Detroit Pistons".
Old 02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I'll ask then...lol....why are you in california? I want to get out of Michigan for the winter and go over there so bad. I'm leaving for southern california this summer, but it couldn't come soon enough with all this snow and salt.