Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TR224 installed in a C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TR224 installed in a C5

I dropped off my Y2K at East Coast Superchargers on the way down to Virginia for a house hunting trip. I had ECS for install a TR224, 918 springs, 160 thermostat, LS6 ported oil pump, dual master timing chain, 25% ASP pulley system, 28.8 injectors and ZO6 front and rear sway bars.

House hunting in Virginia didnt go great. Paid more for a house and further away from work than I wanted to be.

All I had to look forward to was picking up my car on the way home.

I was worried about my car while I was gone and Chris and Doug were worried about if I was going to fine a house in 10 days. It was kind of funny.

When I picked up the car and started it up, chris thought it sounded a little louder, but I thought it was about the same. It did sound like it had a little something of a cam, but you had to listen for it ( idle 875)
No shake of the hood or the shifter worth noting. It does sounds really right pumping through the GHLs.

I did get on it once comming off and exit ramp and 2nd gear TQ felt like first gear TQ. It was nice.
The sway bars stuck like glue on the turn. This weekend Ill have to wash it and play with it a little more. Gas mileage on the way down was 28.2, but on the way home was 32-33 mpg. My speeds averaged about 77 mph @ 1700 RPMs in 6th gear for both direction. I dont think city gas mileage will improve because Ill be play in the car more.

The sway bars I LOVED. Cornering is a blast now. Dont be on the fence with the sway bars. Just do it. I have the F-45 suspension, and no issues.

Overall, the first drive with the car was sweet, but it wasnt tested. If it doesnt snow in NY this weekend, Ill play a little more.

Kodos to Chris and Doug for taking care of the car. They did a wonderful job. Although Chris, I wish you would stop calling it a baby cam, it took me a year to get the ***** to install this one!!!

yes, I cut and pasted the thread from the corvetteforum.com
Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

Kick *** Phil, now get a video up! I wanna hear it.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I will, but I have to wash the car. I drove down to NJ the day after it snowed a foot in NY, and drove up to NY a day after a dusting.
Ill be out there today in 38 degrees washing her to look good for her photo shoot. I love the little cam idle now
Old 02-01-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Chris is a hell'uva nice guy. Enjoy the car
Old 02-01-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was funny that Id ask 100 questions about my car, and Chris and Doug ask 100 question on how the house hunt trip was going. They care about the car and my adventure. The shop was very nice

The best part of the day was leaving ECS and Chris said "thank you for your business". We just dont hear the enough. It made me feel good. I have a cold today and my wife wants to kick my Azz because I want to go outside and wash the car in 34 degrees.

Last edited by Phil'sC5vette; 02-01-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

cars washed and I have a couple of video clips.
How do I post them?