Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to 99 fuel tank from a 98

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default going to 99 fuel tank from a 98

Ok i have read a few posts but nothing is definate. Will a 98 pump asemby fit into a 99 tank? Will the lock ring hold the assembly inplace? Do all the lines on a 98 need to be connected, Or can i just install the fuel and return lines and vent the tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smeshey
Ok i have read a few posts but nothing is definate. Will a 98 pump asemby fit into a 99 tank? Will the lock ring hold the assembly inplace? Do all the lines on a 98 need to be connected, Or can i just install the fuel and return lines and vent the tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
The 98 pump assembly wont fit.

Im in the same boat right now but Im going in the oppposite direction. Im going from a 99 up tank to the 98 style because I can weld a sump in it. If you need parts let me know. I have 2 plastic 99 and up tanks one complete and one tank only. I also have a 98 tank but im currently looking for a 98 pump assembly to just drop in the tank. So if you need any parts shoot me a PM and we can arrange some stuff.

Mike
Old 02-08-2005, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
The 98 pump assembly wont fit.

Im in the same boat right now but Im going in the oppposite direction. Im going from a 99 up tank to the 98 style because I can weld a sump in it. If you need parts let me know. I have 2 plastic 99 and up tanks one complete and one tank only. I also have a 98 tank but im currently looking for a 98 pump assembly to just drop in the tank. So if you need any parts shoot me a PM and we can arrange some stuff.

Mike
soon as i get the time this weekend to figure out what all i have Ill Pm ya. hopfully we can help each other out Thanks Scott