Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners V1.6 Question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuners V1.6 Question?

I'm away from home for the next week or so, but I've been working on a tune for my car & was wondering if anyone has tried out the Shift Light feature in the new HP Tuners V1.6?

I'm wondering what light it lights? Is it the CAGS light or the SES light? I'm thinking about using the Shift Light feature as a launch light, it looks like you can set the duration that the light is lit. So what I was going to do was keep using my Harlan Shift light for shifting, but using the HP Tuners Shift light routine to tell me when I had reached my launch limit.

I have a Harlan 2 step, but that could & probably will throw me into an electronics bracket & I don't want to be pigeon holed into an electronics bracket with how inconsistant I run with my M6 car. The 2 step will still probably be used for heads up racing & grudge matches though.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading on HP Tuners site the other day and seem to remember that feature doesn't work on F_Body's.......yet.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct! The shift light feature is not active on f-bodys ... yet. It was for Aussie I believe. Currently the connection feeds the CAGS or Reverse Lock Out on manuals ... and a shift soleniod on autos. So you can see why it is not available yet.