PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxing maf problem (with Hptuner files)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maxing maf problem (with Hptuner files)

I am maxing out my MAF and every time I do my car feels like it's hitting a rev limiter. I have been playing with this for a while and I can not figure it out (prob. due to my inexperience). You can see my mods in my sig. Can some one look at my tune and tell me what I am doing wrong please. I included my bin and scan. Any help is appreciated.

http://people.txucom.net/patcon/chuck_v5pat6.hpl
http://people.txucom.net/patcon/Chuck_v5pat6.bin
Old 02-09-2005, 11:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for one your in open loop for that entire log i believe coolant temp was at 90*F during your wot stints...id like to know why your low octane table has more timing then the high octane table...im pretty sure you want to raise that spark limiter to the same as your other rev limiters. Dunno other then that...but ya looks like your out of maf as it basically flatlines at 11500 but some things for you to look into.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
for one your in open loop for that entire log i believe coolant temp was at 90*F during your wot stints...id like to know why your low octane table has more timing then the high octane table...im pretty sure you want to raise that spark limiter to the same as your other rev limiters. Dunno other then that...but ya looks like your out of maf as it basically flatlines at 11500 but some things for you to look into.

that was a quick load and ascan on the way to work the other morning, car did not get up to operating temp. but the same thing happen then as well. this was just the easiest scan to show it in. Also it was pointed out on to me the injector pulse width drops when my problem hits, my fuel preasure never drops and stays at 55 PSI. Any other thoughts? I'll fix the octane table, but i do not get KR so it never goes to the lower table (is this correct?). I'll fix the limiter as well. thanks, i have been concentraiting on this problem over looked some stuff.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dude, let it come up to temp before you get on it like that!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

Any other ideas? I have disabled the MAF high feq. Error code. Adjusted the VE table a lot throught the RPMS where it first starts to max the MAF. I'm out of ideas on how resolve this....