Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "Wideband Commander" Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Another "Wideband Commander" Question

Fellas, I'm thinking about getting one of these this spring, but I'm a little intimidated about installing it. Welding in the bung won't be a problem, but I'm worried about about figuring-out the wiring. I downloaded the .pdf install guide, but it's not very helpful to me. How difficult is this to figure out?

I've done all the work on my car from headers to cam, suspension stuff, etc., but this WB kit trips me out. What's the deal? Is installing this kit a problem at all?
Old 02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

I found it quite easy and the instructions do help when everything is in front of you. Each connector has a different shape so you'd have to try hard to miswire anything. The trickiest things for me were deciding where to put the damned box and how to get the wires thru the firewall the best way. Sometimes getting a clean signal from the tach wire is a challenge as well.

I love this thing, cant wait to get some tuning software to hook it up to (right nwo I just use the gauge and the relay controller to activate the second stage of my nitrous setup)
Old 02-13-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

I was wondering if you have to actually cut any harnesses open and tap into anything? For rpm, do you have to tap into a coil wire?

Where did you end up locating the module (box)? Also, how did you manage to get the wires inside the car?

Thanks again for the help!