Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venom VCN-10000

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom VCN-10000

Has any used this unit before? I bought one like new in box for $200.00. Looking any info good or bad. Its a 100HP dry unit. Read the instructions sounds good. I tryed search did not find much,a few for sale.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slow ride
Has any used this unit before? I bought one like new in box for $200.00. Looking any info good or bad. Its a 100HP dry unit. Read the instructions sounds good. I tryed search did not find much,a few for sale.
Nobody has even herd of this before?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow ride
Nobody has even herd of this before?
I have one... have used 2 bottles through it so far. Its a straight forward setup, LOTS of wires but easy to do. Works like a charm on mine with the Purple (.040) or Gold (.045) with no issues... factory plugs with 80K Miles. Black (.050) and Silver (.055) nozzles throw an occasional Error and shuts the system down via the venom controler.... even though the green A/F ratio led is on solid... what I think is hapening is that it gets a "lean hit" instantly prior to the VCN computer getting the A/F correct. Then again Im on stock plugs.. which will be replaced this month with TR6's. Remember this is a dry kit that sprays AFTER the MAF and just before the TB plate... all the A/F adjustment is done with the Venom computer. If the plugs dont fix my issues, then I am going to go back to the Gold nozzle after the maf and "T" in the Purple nozzle to the Lid so the MAF can get a head start on setting the A/F ratio... I might also vise versa the nozzles to see if that helps with more through the MAF. I guess this would be a "hybrid design Dry shot". With the Silver nozzle in the speedometer climbs FAST... must be allot of Torque made. You will likely have to use a programer to use the black and silver nozzles as the tranny is wondering WTF?!? When you spray through the shifts. DO NOT add timing with the programmer, just shift points/ rpm. I have Billet servos and shift kit comming this week, also have to pick up a new rear end with 3.42's I am getting tired of these 2.73's.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Teching In

This is a question I have been researching.... any help here would be appreciated.
I understand Venom to say the nozzles in the V8 Kit on the VCN 1000 are identified as purple -25 hp, gold -50 hp, black -75 hp, and silver -100 hp. I used the conversion tool for nozzle size someone else had linked to on here and these numbers are off for the nozzle size in the Venmom kits. Anyway, it would explain why I might be having some venom safety shuts downs on the nitrous sprays. (which is a good thing... I dont want to melt my LS1 down)

Here is what I have converted:

Venom COLOR SIZE Estimated HP via calculator tool
BLUE .025 28-29hp
RED .030 40-42hp
GREEN .035 54-56hp
PURPLE .040 71-74hp
GOLD .045 90-93hp
BLACK .050 111-115hp
SILVER .055 135-139hp

Id be interested in anyones comments....
Old 02-28-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

make sure you plum the nozzle b4 the maf. Guys are getting better results this way from what a good bud said about this kit that he runs.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

I would change away from those stock plugs..... NGK TR6
Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
make sure you plum the nozzle b4 the maf. Guys are getting better results this way from what a good bud said about this kit that he runs.
In theory it should help out because the MAF and cars computer will do the adjustments and the Venom computer will make additional adjustments as well if needed. According to the instructions though they do say to insert nozzle behind the MAF right in front of the throttle plate. Completely different concept than most other dry kits, but then again they have a computer that makes adjustments. The kit works good except for the larger nozzles on my car... even though it it does stay in the green on the af monitor the entire spray... well as much as I can look at the meter at 100+ mph and still keep my eyes on the road.
one of my friends had one on his neon and it worked flawlessly with the Purple nozzle.

Quick Reply: Venom VCN-10000