PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES lights. Best practices?(HP Tuners)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES lights. Best practices?(HP Tuners)

Error Mode SES Enabled
0-MIL on First Error *on off
1-MIL on Second Error
2-No MIL light
3-No Error Reported

I read this somewhere and I'm trying to figure out how he wants the above checked.

"Disable the SES lights for MAF codes P0101, P0102, P0103 (No check engine light.) Do not completely disable the codes or the PCM will not fall into SD mode. Only turn off the SES light, DO NOT DISABLE THE CODES THEMSELVES!"

Now in my case with no egr on a 98 and bigger cam I got codes 300 and 140. Should still follow the advice above or just turn off since I don't have an EGR and maybe follow for the misfire?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the MAF related codes set to No MIL Light if you don't want the SES on for it
for the other stuff set to No Error Reported

When you go in for emissions, if it's OBD II prolly a good idea to replace the MAF for the test so that the MAF codes aren't being set
Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. So what is the diff between No MIL Light and SES Enabled set to Off?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the No Error reported will let the Diagnostic tests run, but since their's no error reported it will set the readiness tests complete

The No MIL light will report an error to be reported which can cause the readiness test to fail as the P0xxx code will be stored just won't set the SES light

I believe w/the SES Enabled set to off the readiness test won't be set to Complete .. I could be off on this as my car's been sitting for a few months now , but I have all of my DTCs for my rear O2s, EGR, AIR etc set to SES Enabled, No error reported and all but my evap readiness test went complete (and I belileve the evap will complete once I get more driving time on it)

Quick Reply: SES lights. Best practices?(HP Tuners)