Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cruising after the bodyshop.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruising after the bodyshop.

So yesterday my car finally came out of the shop after my accident nearly a month ago. I owe a big thanks to the body shop, the car looks absolutely amazing.
Having missed my baby I took her out for a friday night cruise after taking my girlfriend home for the evening. No sooner than I pull out onto antioch a black MR2 pulls along side me. Being that I havnt had the car for a month I decide to play a little. We both trade punches on the throttle and then he starts the honk (kind of suprised me) on three I went WOT, roughly a 35 roll. The tranny kicks down and without much suspense I leave the MR2 behind very rapidly. I give him a thumbs up when he pulls along side and turned onto 135th street. About a mile up the road a red mach 1 pulls along side me at a light. I roll my window down and ask the gentleman if he wants to run. He very enthusiasticly says yes. On green I put the throttle half way down to try and not obliterate the tires, I ease the throttle to the floor by 25mph and he is side by side with me. On up to sixty im beginning to pull him a bit. By 80mph I let off with his front bumper roughly at my rear bumper. We both stop give the tumbs up, he turned off and I continue the drive home.

Sorry for the long post
Cliff Notes
Car out of shop
Smoked an MR2
Pulled a Mach 1
Old 02-19-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i know the feeling on the body shop mess...GAH been there twice since i had mine ....but damn nice kills....and i know that must have felt good...u being outta ur baby for so long