Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Spring ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Dual Spring ?

I am getting ready to do a cam swap for someone I know and they said that someone told them that you have to do the heat cycles a little different for dual springs. And I was just wondering if this was true? He was told that you have to install the outer spring and then start up the car for approx. 30 minutes and then shut down the car and then install the inner spring and then do the regular heat cycles. Is this true or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Old 02-20-2005, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

No what he is refering to is cam break in for flat tappet cams.If you have more then 350# open seat pressure on a flat tappet cam you have to remove the innner spring for break in so you don,t wipe out the cam it is not need with a roller.What i would do is get you self a can of comp. spring lube and just before you start it spray the springs with this lube or at the least squirt some 50 w oil on them. This will help the spring from over heating untill oil gets up to the top end.Spring generat a tremendis amount of heat during operation.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Thank you for you help!