Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have to pull timing if you have a stand alone fuel cell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have to pull timing if you have a stand alone fuel cell?

Is the reason for pulling timing when you spray because of the fuel grade?

If yes, then what if I put a fuel cell in there to feed my spray and used 104 octane fuel or whatever octane it would take to NOT have to pull timing.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:01 AM
9 Second Club

Depending on how big a shot and what octane your using you may be able to pull less timing with higher octane but unless your gonna run a real small shot and real high octane I'd say your gonna have to pull some timing.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tektrans
Depending on how big a shot and what octane your using you may be able to pull less timing with higher octane but unless your gonna run a real small shot and real high octane I'd say your gonna have to pull some timing.
Well, I want to do a 300 DP shot on top of a FAST 90mm intake, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

So, for now I'm going to get a TNT 150 wet shot hooked up, which should get me close to 650 RWHP. In a couple weeks.

If I do a stand alone fuel cell with high octane fuel to feed it, how much timing will have to be pulled? Also, can I use a timing tuner/puller and have it set up where I can hit a button and pull the timing right before I hit the spray for a run?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

I would pull timing first then add back later always best that way. The timing tuner will work the way you are thinking. The best way to know how much timing to pull is figured out your timing @wot and deduct from max. Some guys dont even pull timing with a tnt 150.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
8 Second Club

You will probably still have to pull timing regardless of fuel grade. It all depends on your setup and shot size/