Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wierd Trans problem....screen shot inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Trans problem....screen shot inside

This is also posted in the truck section...ill try here too.

This all happened last night. Dont know what happend. Numerous times i lost 1st-4th gear. Then whille taking off from a stop the truck was in 3 rd gear, then some times in second. I have heard of 2nd gear take offs but 3rd gear take offs is unheard of. Tranny was also shifting abnormaly HARD during it's fit. WTF??

Then stopped for gas, filled the tank and the truck ran perfect. like nothing was wrong just the SES light on.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock converter? In F-Bodies the shift solenoid SES codes can occur with high stall converters. Most of the time, people just disable them.

Who is Nelson? There is another post I just responded to for a turbo truck with a Nelson tune. I assume this is just a co-incidence, but maybe there is something on boosted cars that needs to be addressed in the programming.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Who is Nelson?
Sponsor ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 02-22-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
stock converter? In F-Bodies the shift solenoid SES codes can occur with high stall converters. Most of the time, people just disable them.

Who is Nelson? There is another post I just responded to for a turbo truck with a Nelson tune. I assume this is just a co-incidence, but maybe there is something on boosted cars that needs to be addressed in the programming.

Yes....stock converter.

Nelson is my tunner, by mail order.

Truck has been running fine for over a year with the blower and the nelson tune. The tranny is starting to act up a little. Slips at high rpm 2nd gear. So have been going easy on her. But the other night this happened and i was like wtf? The next day i cleared all the codes and ran it again. Rus great no more SES light.

What do you all think of the level 5 4l65E that FLP offers? Have any of you had experience with this trans?

Thanks!