Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Methonal injection

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Methonal injection

Ok i have a friend who is finishing up his winter project (408 cu, stange 2 patriot heads, big *** cam dont know what it is but i think it was a .623 .628, nx 300 shot and full bolt ons) I really dont know to much about this car but he was telling me that when i run my nitrous i can run methonal injection as a stand alone fuel system? i dont know if he hit his head with a rock or not but i was wondering what the hell he is talking about. He was telling me instead of running a stand alone fuel system, just put do a methonal 90/10 and water solution so it can cool down the intake charge. Is this right or did he get stupid on me?

I think i know the answer to this but i thought i would just get some answers form yall before i tell him what i know.

thanx
josh
Old 02-22-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont know if i would spray methanol on top of nitrous into the intake.. its allready really cold in there and the alcohol wont evaporate like it needs to...may be asking for a big backfire..not sure

now if you direct ported the methanol that would be something else..
Old 02-22-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i knew my friend was full of bullshit lol.

josh
Old 03-03-2005, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

yeah methanol is to be used for forced induction, not with n2o... but I did have ideas in my head to spray a bit of meth while spraying a 50 shot with the boost
Old 03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

I don't see why you couldn't shoot methanol into the wet side of a wet shot. Keep in mind you'd need to shoot about 3 times as much as you normally would with gas.

It wouldn't be hard to make such as system either and it would certainally be the cats azz.