Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if i bought a used z06 cam, what springs and pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i bought a used z06 cam, what springs and pushrods

okay i did a search, and most ppl use like 7.35 rods instead of 7.4's.. for whatever reason i dont know except its required u run a shorter rod right, well then i read a few threads were ppl were doing 7.4 rods with it.. this is a 03 z06 cam.. also what valvetrain do i need to run? honestly id run like patriot golds anyways just cause its a complete kit for like 279, and i dunno where to get retainers or seats or seals or the other things individually.. would this be okay? i have a 02 oil pump which would prolly be find and i could get a ls2 chain for cheap ofcourse...

thanks for any info on what springs to use, if i decided to go a lil bigger like f13 or something lopey, i woudn't reallly wanna buy new springs if itd only been like 2000 miles or something.

i ordered my 3.73's and am going to get a dyno tune anyways for that and my stall and headers ect, so im kinda looking to enter the cam world cheap for a few extra hp on the dyno's
Old 02-24-2005, 04:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

With LS6 cam you'll need 7.42 pushrods (custom). Most poeple run the aftermarket 7.40 but get a little more valvetrain noise. I would run 918's, PRC or PP would be overkill for this cam.
You'll want to go bigger anyways so save some money and get the cam you really want.

Quick Reply: if i bought a used z06 cam, what springs and pushrods