Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

iForged Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged Wheel Question

Hello, I am planning on getting a set of iForged Evolutions and I was just wondering how long will the shine stay on these? How often will I have to polish them? I only drive my car maybe one or two days a week in the summer, no bad weather....

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-26-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

That is a hard question to answer.....depends on the ambient conditions (road salt, brake dust, acidic rain, etc....). In Hawaii I can go for about a month (if I have to) until it starts bothering me and I drive it only on the weekends at best.

What I do, is go with a real light aluminum polish like simichrome or mother billet after every other wash/drive just to maintain. It makes the cleaning much easier and a lot quicker in the long run. You will develop fine scratches like on any other finish so make sure the wheels are as clean as possible before polishing to reduce that. Use a good cloth (Microfiber) for removal, try to use a microfiber applicator if possible, and use good polishes only.

Oh one last thing....anytime they get wet and the water puddles up at the bottom of the wheel for an extended period of time, you will risk staining or tarnishing the finish. I carry a small synthetic chamois is my car ot soak (not wipe) it up. I would definitely recommend that to you as well.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have done nothing but wash and dry my IForged wheels within the five months I have owned them. They have seen rain a few times while the car was in the shop, the water spots just wipe away.

Any forged or billet wheel will hold its shine twenty times longer than cast wheels.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 07-04-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Should last a long time if they aren't exposed to road salt and winter conditions.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

My process is pretty much the same as Diesel's. If you hate polishing like I do, I would suggest something like www.zoopseal.com.
I have some, but haven't used it yet.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Back when I had polished wheels I would shine em up about once a month. I had guys asking me at shows how come mine are so shinny