Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Newbie with a REALLY STUPID diff question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a REALLY STUPID diff question!!!

I have an 03 chevy EC with a 5.3 that I am modding out but it is a peg leg I need to install a posi unit so I can do some serious asphalt burning I have looked on the moser and eaton websites and I cannot make heads or tails of it So you smart rear-end guys out there could help me out by letting me know what I need to buy. some places tell me that all I need is a diff, but others say I need a diff, gears, bolts, all sorts of things I know nothing about. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THANKS YOU GUYS
Old 02-26-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riceconvert5.3
I have an 03 chevy EC with a 5.3 that I am modding out but it is a peg leg I need to install a posi unit so I can do some serious asphalt burning I have looked on the moser and eaton websites and I cannot make heads or tails of it So you smart rear-end guys out there could help me out by letting me know what I need to buy. some places tell me that all I need is a diff, but others say I need a diff, gears, bolts, all sorts of things I know nothing about. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THANKS YOU GUYS
Get an Eaton diff, diff carrier bearings, and diff shims. Other than oil, additive, cover gasket or sealant, you should be ready to go.