Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light on nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light on nitrous?

When i hit the nitrous a flashing SES light comes on. It has never come on before on just motor. I believe the flashing SES light means there is a miss. What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Can you pull the exact code for us? Usually a blinking ses is a random mutiple misfire. What are you running for plugs and gaps and how much are you spraying? You could be blowing the spark out.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Well....I havent put it on a scanner yet, but just thought i recalled the the flashing SES light was a missfire. I am using Autolite 103's gapped @ 35. It is an NXL direct port system using the stock fuel rail and a stand alone fuel system. The shot is a 180 RWHP shot. In 2nd gear runs fine, but after it shifts into 3rd you can start to feel it miss! Then the flashing SES comes on. A scanner should be able to show a code and therefore lead me to the cylnder in which it is missfiring...right?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like your not getting the right PSI of fuel.. Do you have a gauge or something to check what its doing at WOT, and SPRAY? Check that first. Also, check autozone, they can scan the car, but only if the light is on.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What fuel pump are you using?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

With their tool they more than likley can't pin point the cylinders. From what I've seen even a Tech II can't do that unless your logging, or capturing screens in there case. I would think this might be attributed to a fuel problem too. Have you had the car on a wideband latley?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Teching In

I am using a stock 5.0 mustang pump. The car has never been on a wide band. I havent had a chance to log any runs during the SES light, only scan at idle. I do get a TPS low voltage code while the car is idleing, but already cleared that. The fuel pressure drops to 20psi once i hit the nitrous (i guess it needs a second to pressurize the lines), but very quickly comes back up to 50psi. I am using a FPSS set at 35 psi.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Have you checked your plugs after spraying? You really need to do some data logging while spraying & get it on a wideband.