Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater wiring question

the directions that came with my NOS heater say that the thermostat cuts out at 75 degrees. From what i've heard/read, 75 degrees is only enough for 850-900 PSI.

Since I'm running a small shot, i'd like to get the most out of it by running the right pressure (1000+ PSI).

When I ordered my purge and stuff, Cold fusion sent me a pressure switch and adaptor by mistake (in place of a pressure gauge). Their website lists an "1100 PSI pressure switch" so im assuming that's proabbly what i got.

My question is, can i install the switch inline and wire it to the heater relay in place of the thermostat? I figure this would effectively cut my heater at 1100 PSI rather than 75 degrees.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I would just wire it in place of the thermostats. It should work a hell of alot better than the NOS thermostats. I junked mine after one day of using them.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

You could always jet up, and leave the NOS bottle heater how it is.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
You could always jet up, and leave the NOS bottle heater how it is.

i could but i wouldnt have a clear idea of exactly how far up to jet in proportion to the bottle pressure. honestly im flat out terrified of nitrous (as most people are before they spray)....im keeping the shot small (75-100).

i can't wait to hit it, but at the same time my car suffers from a pretty bad case of Murphy's Law Syndrome.