Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start!

I believe it has something to do with the key cylinder. I was having problems by putting the key into the car, and turning it. The security light would come on, and I would have to wait 3 minutes until it turned off to try again. Sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't. Now it wont even go to the security light. I feel as if the key cylinder is busted. Anybody had this problem or know how to fix it?
Old 03-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Its a likely VATS fault, Normally if you haven't changed anything in the computer programing etc you will likely need a new ignition lock cylinder and Key. The important thing is to have someone at a dealer or who has the resistance tables to code the key pellet value. The value most match so the VATS module stuffed in the dash matches. Once a VATS module has a value burned in as yours has that value it must use for life of the module.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much would this normally cost? And is there a way to find out the resistance from the vin and what not?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same deal going on. The car would not start some times, then it wstarted every time, but the security light was on. Now, the car is dead & won't start with either key I have. I messed with it for over an hour tonight, still nothing...

Looks like it needs an ignition cylinder.?. Is this a dealer part only or can i get a locksmith to come out & fix it?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I need help with this same problem, has anyone solved it? Please help. Hoping to figure it out before I just bring it to the dealer!