Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Plastic tank help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic tank help!

I am going to run a bigger line for my fuel system this year on my 99 WS6, and have heard that people put bulk head fittings on the bottom of the plastic tank to act as a sump.. My questions are,,,, how effective are the bulk head fittings? and is their the possibility of alot of trouble? My second question is how do you block off the existing port on the top of the tank from the stock fuel system??,, sorry guys im really new at this..
Old 03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's been quite a few guys in here going with the bulkhead/plastic tank design. Most of them are high HP cars and I haven't heard of any problems. The only thing I could think of would be the fuel level. I'd keep at least half a tank all the time since there are no baffles or anything to keep the fuel from sloshing. As for the old feed, you could find a bolt that was a little bit bigger than the inside diameter of the line and thread it in there.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Teching In

You wouldnt happen to know where i could find any pictures of this set up do you? thanks for your input!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to do a search in this section and find some pics. There were some posted a few days ago. Here is one I found with dual bulk heads. http://www.ls1speed.com/pictures/dualpumps.jpg
Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Thats a great pic thank you far all your help!