PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok to tune with multi. programs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok to tune with multi. programs?

I had Diablo tune after LT's, TB, etc., just had a cam installed and tuning with LS1 edit and would like to tweek the tune using HP tuners, the HP guy did not want to "wright over the other programs" he said I could be looking for problems with that many programs in the PCM, is there any truth to this? or can I use HP with out any problems?
thanks for the advice
Old 03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should not matter... he's reading your current PCM, making changes, and rewirting a modified version of your current PCM

If he's really concerned he can backup your current tune, reflash the PCM to a stock binary, then make his changes or import the changes from the other tunes...

But it doesn't matter...
my current PCM has had HPP3 tunign on it, removed, has had an LS1 edit tune on it that I did on my LS1 Edit, then had a pro LS1 Edit tune it on top of my edit... then I tuned the car w/HP Tuners ... all the same PCM

The only reason I can see a problem is if he doesn't want to use the parameters that these other tuners have used (if he doesn't know what the diablo changed , or doesn't know what the LS1 Edit tuner changed, may not want to make more changes that could conflict w/these) In which case, grab a stock binary from my site and he can use that to flasht he PCM to 100% bone stock, then start from scratch with that

Writing a PCM w/multiple tuning softwares doesn't matter... but I can see where he would be concerned about changes in tables he doesn't know about possibly conflicting w/his changes (from a liability standpoint)